Sunday, May 20, 2007

Jesus Followers...

OoooK... How many of you would say that you are a christian? I believe that the majority of you would say that you are, just as I do. The word christian has lost its meaning...it really means "Christ follower" or "like Christ" but if you ask around...most people that say they believe in God will also say..."Oh, Im a christian." The fact is...even satan believes in Jesus and God (he is afraid of HIM...that is why satan tries to make you a non-believer). So, we believe in God...but are we really Christ followers...that is the question of the day?

Sooooo here is my thinking...today in church pastor Sheets asks if we were Jesus Followers...do we live the way Jesus asks us to...do we follow in his footsteps...

"If you hold to my teachings, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." ~John 8:31-32

In other words...if you begin to live this life as I am offering you, you will know the truth to freedom. Jesus was saying: Follow me first, then you'll be able to believe in me and that will set you free to know the truth!

"Take my yoke (teachings) upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest (truth) for your souls." ~Matthew 11:29

If you follow the ways of Jesus you will find peace, joy, contentment---the truth!

So, the question still stands, am I a Jesus follower?
I believe that I am...but I know that I have work to do because I am by no means perfect in my step...
I am willing to take my next jump of faith...jump over that next cliff...and learn more about becoming a Jesus follower..because nothing could be better than living for the AWESOME, one and only, forever loving JESUS CHRIST!

One thing that has stuck in my mind after today's serman is:
When God speaks to your heart...and He is calling you to take a leap of faith...and when you complete the mission...the next leap begins...christians take leaps of faith over and over...their job is never over when they walk in a christian way of life "Jesus's way".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.